KINNECT are one of the leading Occupational Rehabilitation Providers in Australia. Our team of Occupational Therapists, Accredited Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapists, Rehabilitation Counselors and Psychologists are available to help you achieve a successful return to work outcome when a workplace injury occurs.
KINNECT Offer a Turn Key Injury Management Solution for Employers
Step 1 - Assess and Develop a Plan
Evidence has shown that by providing injured workers with suitable duties they can complete at their original workplace, the more likely they are to return to work and the quicker they can achieve a full recovery. KINNECT’s Return to Work Program is designed to assist and guide employers with the often burdensome task of returning injured workers to their pre-injury duties following an injury.
Let our Injury Management Specialist remove the burden and ensure a safe and timely return to work is achieved
- An experienced Allied Health Professional and Injury Management Specialist who will assist you in returning an injured worker back to work.
- A work site visit by your Injury Management Specialist and the identification of those duties that can be safely performed by the injured worker.
- Development of a graduated work program (detailing duties and hours) that assists injured workers improve their functional capacity with the goal of the worker returning to their pre-injury duties.
- Development of a comprehensive report detailing the work site assessment, the workers current functional capacity, the duties available and those that where identified as being safe for the worker to perform.
- 90 Minute Work Site Assessment and Development of Graduated Return to Work Plan
- Reports are completed post assessment and submitted to you within 24 Hrs.
- $550 + GST
- Travel (per 30 minute block) – $75 + GST
Please note, no charge is applied if travel is within 20 minutes return from a KINNECT Office.
Step 2 - Monitor and Achieve Outcome
Following the development of a Graduated Return to Work Plan, weekly monitoring of the plan by your KINNECT Injury Management Specialist, will ensure that both the injured worker and the workplace achieve a long term successful return to work.
- Weekly monitoring phone call with the injured worker to review their return to work plan progress, while also ensuring their continued safety and progression back to full duties.
- Weekly phone call to you the employer, from your Injury Management Specialist providing an update on the return to work program and any potential barriers to a successful return to work.
- Phone call to any other treating allied health and/or medical professional to receive an update on the workers injury status and treatment they are receiving (if required).
$95 + GST Per Week
Work Site Assessments for your Injured Workers
KINNECT’s tertiary qualified clinicians are experienced in the delivery of these Work Site Assessments and the development of Suitable Duties Plans. Through engagement with relevant parties (treating medical / allied health, employee, employer and/or health and safety representative), knowledge of the worker’s medical diagnosis / restrictions and understanding of injury pathology and recovery, KINNECT can evaluate the suitability of tasks and determine an individuals return to work requirements.
These requirements including an opinion regarding the likelihood of a successful return to work, potential barriers that may adversely impact a positive outcome being achieved and recommendations regarding future rehabilitation needs can be documented in a formal report, providing guidance to you and your workplace.
Furthermore, the information gathered during the assessment can be used to develop a suitable duties program, a graduated work program (detailing duties and hours) that assists injured workers
improve their functional capacity with the goal of the worker returning to their pre-injury duties. This program combined with appropriate monitoring from either KINNECT or the workplace can ensure that both the injured worker and the workplace achieve a long term successful return to work.
A work site assessment maybe required when:
- An injured worker is certified medically fit to perform restricted duties but the treating doctor has expressed concerns about issuing full medical clearance for pre-injury duties;
- The availability and/or suitability of duties need to be ascertained;
- The workplace of an injured worker requires assistance to understand the need for appropriate work restrictions and/or the best practices to ensure a return to work outcome;
- The worker requires education on self -management strategies including the use of appropriate biomechanics, rest breaks and work pacing;
- Advice is required regarding workplace design, modification, or provision of aids and appliances to maintain a durable return to work.
A Suitable Duties Program provides information on the following:
- An injured workers restrictions;
- Suitable duties that can be performed safely without risk of injury and/or re-aggravation;
- Work hours that best matches an injured workers functional capacity;
- Recommendations regarding best practice biomechanics and proactive self – management techniques including work pacing, micro-breaks, pain control and stretches.
It should be noted that all of the above is progressed in line with a injured workers recovery and improvements made with regards to functional capacity.
- Tertiary Qualified Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Q-Comp Finalist – Health Provider Achievement Award
- Track record for delivering safe and durable return to work outcomes
- Local Clinics and Staff throughout metropolitan, regional & remote locations in Australia
- Brisbane, QLD
- Sydney, NSW
- Perth, WA
- Bunbury, WA
- Gold Coast, QLD
- Sunshine Coast, QLD
- Gladstone, QLD
- Townsville, QLD
- Cairns, QLD
- Rockhampton, QLD
- Emerald, QLD
- Mackay, QLD
- Ipswich, QLD
- Gympie, QLD
- Bundaberg, QLD
- Yeppoon, QLD
- Innisfail, QLD
- Charters Towers, QLD
- Moranbah, QLD
- Atherton, QLD
- Toowoomba, QLD