Gladstone Regional Council is a local government area in Central Queensland, employing great than 700 personnel. It covers the following shires: Calliope, Gladstone, Miriam Vale and Agnes Waters.
The delivery of a Soft Tissue Injury Prevention Program for High Risk Manual Handling Tasks
- Short interactive presentations
- One on One or small group “on the job” review and coaching on best practice manual handling techniques
- Pre-start Warm Up / Stretching Program delivered to all personnel including the training of ‘stretch leaders’ to conduct the program daily with their respective crews / departments
- Ergonomic assessments and training for all office based staff
- Comprehensive report with overview of training delivered, recommendations made, innovations and control measures to reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury
- Six monthly follow up ‘refresher’ training