Onsite SmartMove Manual Handling Program
Location: South East Queensland
Industry: Distribution / Logistics
A large client with a distribution centre in South East Queensland engaged KINNECT to provide Onsite Manual Handling Training services to their workers. The work involved the review of job-specific pre-start warm up exercises and stretches, along with one on one job coaching for every member of the work group. The goal of the training was to ensure workers adopted safe body mechanics and an understanding of why this is important for both their short and long term health and wellbeing. The scope of work required:
- Provision of a senior program manager to ensure program outcomes were being achieved.
- Provision of accredited Allied Health clinicians to the client site up to three times a week, for 12 consecutive months.
- Advice from KINNECT clinicians who know how to prevent injuries and rehab them all the time.
- Practical implementation/demonstration of the recommended manual handling techniques specific to high risk tasks.
- Individual assessments ensuring understanding and the ability to demonstrate safe body mechanics.
- Immediate feedback and coaching from clinicians on performance improvement.
- Provision of a summary report to the Management team outlining individual interactions and any high-risk manual handling behaviours throughout each respective work group.
- Minimising the impact of the program on operational efficiencies and completing training on the job in the environment in real time.
- Rostering of Allied Health clinicians to capture work groups ranging from 5am to 11pm.
- Ensuring open communication with the different work groups to service the project effectively.
- Sustainable changes in behaviour and reduction of injury frequency and severity.
- Over 1500 one on one training interactions over a 12 month period.
- Identification and implementation of safe work methods for manual tasks.
- Reporting of both hard (engineering) and soft (behaviour) improvement opportunities.